Its Autumn…my favorite time of year! Falling leaves, colorful landscapes, crisp breezes, bonfires, cider, the smell of fresh burning leaves…and of course, Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING! But when it comes to fashion, Autumn brings to mind cozy sweaters, classic coats, and comfy boots. So let’s talk about the FIVE Fall Fashion Essentials that you will need to style up your wardrobe for 2019:
- Suede Booties: This style is here to stay so shop it now! Wear these short booties with jeans to give your, uhm, BOOTIE a lift!
- Animal Print Sneakers: Animal prints are popping up everywhere this fall, from comfy sneakers, to kitten-heel booties, to sweaters. Leopard, zebra, snakeskin…you have your pick of the zoo! Personally, I am digging the leopard print sneaker. These shoes are comfy and great for running errands, or just being cozy and casual. Pair them with jeans and a sweater or leggings and a sweatshirt…you can’t go wrong either way!
- Cross-body Bag: Store your oversized leather handbags for this season. Because this Fall, its all about the cross-body bag. Sling it over your shoulder and head out the door. I am particularly fond of this trend because these smaller bags are just more functional than the oversized leather handbags. With the oversized handbags, sometimes I feel like I’m carrying a suitcase on my arm as I walk around Target. But these smaller cross-body bags are lighter and more functional: just big enough to carry my essentials (debit card, phone, sunglasses, lip gloss) while freeing up both of my arms by hanging on my hip. Gotta love functional AND stylish!
- Cozy Sweater: The perennial cozy Autumn sweater will never go out of style! Jazz up “Old Reliable” this year by adding an animal print cozy sweater to your collection.
- Puffy Vest: Autumn can be a time where the weather is warm one day and cool the next, or cool in the morning and roasting by the afternoon. A cozy puffy vest will keep your torso warm during the cool times yet easily peels off when the temps heat up.
Stay tuned…In my next post, I will tell you to the areas where you can SAVE this Fall and the areas where you should SPLURGE!